truth about design

DESIGN Is Thinking Made Visual

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

you get what you pay for





You Pay for nothing you get nothing :

Comments I received on Face Book :

Julie Dorsey Venditti I LOVE it!·


Deb DiLuiso Two thumbs up ·


Margaret Bolduc Forsley Love almost as much as the Cinnamon Buns!!!!!

One of my favs.......


Tracy Johnson-Colby Friendly and inviting just like Lisa and her yummy food!


Dale Charles good font, layout, kerning, line spacing - what font is this

I have been designing Logos for over 30 years, I love to design them and have worked with branding some wonderful companies and product names. The fees I have received for the work has ranged from 1,000 $ to 10,000's of $'s. One thing I have established is that I get payed for my work , NO mater who the client is Friend or not, This Logo that I created for Lisa and Tony Kostopolous Of the Good Table Restaurant back in 1993 . After over 15 years this client returns and wants to use this brand knowing that I have NEVER been paid for this work and wonders why I want to be finally PAID for the work, Back in 1993 I asked for my fee of 2,500 I was told I was a NUT , we ended our relationship . I asked for 3,500 now after many years of over 15 years of use and told again NO again. Their Choice is not to PAY .

Note: You don't pay, they no longer have any rights to use the image .


1 comment:

  1. I find that very sad Todd. Your work is beautiful and it is beyond me that someone would'nt aknowledge you in the way you deserve. It is your job and you need to be compensated. What are people thinking???or not thinking???

    ReplyDelete